Pregnancy massage is a great way to ease general pregnancy discomfort. Using both Swedish and Remedial Massage techniques, we can tailor your pregnancy massage to suit your needs. Ali is highly trained and experienced, you can rest assured that you will be looked after well.
We use unscented oils and bees wax as a massage medium to ensure there is no risk to you or your baby. Your massage can either be performed in a side lying position or depending or your comfort you can use our belly pillow. This allows you to lye on your stomach and ensures your belly is supported well throughout your massage.
If you are in a high-risk pregnancy category or have previously had a miscarriage or premature birth, we will require clearance from your Doctor.
Massage should be avoided if you have Pregnancy Induced Hypertension (high blood pressure), pre-eclampsia or sudden swelling and fluid retention.
- Benefits of Pregnancy Massage
- Relieves muscle tension
- Improves blood flow
- Aids in lymphatic drainage
- Reduces stress hormones
- Reduces anxiety and depression
- Rejuvenates energy levels
- Can relieve nausea and heartburn
- Relieves aching neck, shoulder and back muscles
- Relieves leg cramping
- Improves swelling (oedema) in ankles and feet
- Relieves joint pain
- Relieves sciatic nerve pain
- Improves sleep quality