Pilates is the ideal way to restore pelvic floor & abdominal tone
Whether you are a mum for the first time or you’ve just added another child to your family we can help you return to exercise safely while targeting the deep muscles affected by pregnancy and birth.
Mother & Baby Pilates courses
We understand that getting back in shape is a goal for most new mums. But we also know how hard it can be to find the time to fit exercise into the demands of a busy schedule with a new baby to care for.
Come and rebuild your core and pelvic floor together with your baby in our small group Mother and Baby Pilates course (6 mums + baby only). Each course runs once a week for 8 weeks and is taught by our highly qualified Pelvic Health Therapists and Pilates Instructors. Check our Class Timetable or give us a call to learn when our next course begins.
Benefits of Postnatal Pilates
- Regain pelvic floor strength to reduce the chances of bladder leakage (experienced by as many as 1 in 3 new mums without the right management).
- Repair abdominal muscle separation.
- Strengthen core muscles, including deep abdominal and gluteal muscles to help support your back, reduce pelvic pain and get your body ready for more intensive exercise.
- Improve your overall fitness and muscle tone.
- More energy and reduced stress to better cope with the demands of being a mum.
Why Central Coast Physiolates for Postnatal Pilates classes?
- With all services conveniently under the one roof, you have the option of being assessed by one of our Women’s Health Physios before you begin your Postnatal Pilates Course. In fact we encourage it as it allows the best possible outcome for you and your family. She will discuss your medical history, your labour, measure your abdominal separation and gently assess your pelvic floor muscles before recommending specific exercises and monitoring your progress.
- You will be taught, closely supervised and guided by Pilates Instructors and Pelvic Health Therapists with the highest possible level of qualifications.
- All courses are approved by our Physiotherapists.
- A world-class fully equipped studio set in an idyllic, peaceful location with mats and all equipment provided.
- Various postures and exercises will be taught, with classes progressing each week to provide more challenge and benefits.
- Education, including specific information about your pelvic floor and how to look after it during the postnatal period and for life.
- The opportunity to bond and have fun with your baby.
- Small group classes (max 6) and the chance to meet and get to know other mums.
When should I start postnatal Pilates?
We recommend you start any time after your 6-week postnatal check-up and receive the all clear from your doctor. In fact the sooner you start after this point, the better for your recovery.
Do I have to have done Pilates or other formal exercise before?
No, Pilates is perfectly safe to do even if you have never exercised before. The only prerequisite to start is the all clear from your Obstetrician /Gynaecologist or GP.
What should I wear and do I need to bring a mat?
Just wear something light that you are comfortable moving in. There is no need to bring a mat as our studio has everything you need.
Courses generally fill quickly. Contact us to learn when our next Postnatal Mother and Baby Pilates course begins and reserve your spot.