Leading the way in women’s pelvic health & wellbeing on the Central Coast
Central Coast Physiolates brings together a team of specialist female functional health and wellbeing practitioners who work closely with patients and clients to help them achieve optimal health and maintain it.
Founded in 2012 by Physiotherapist, Tara McKenzie, Central Coast Physiolates empowers women of all ages, fitness levels and stages in life through postural awareness, education and functional movement.
Tara is one of only a small number of Continence and Women’s Health Physiotherapists in Australia and has also completed postgraduate studies in lymphoedema and cancer rehabilitation. She is passionate about her work and the work of her equally dedicated team because she knows their quality care makes such a difference in the lives of patients.
As the name implies, Central Coast Physiolates combines Physiotherapy and Clinical Pilates with complementary health practices like Remedial Massage and Complex Lymphoedema Therapy (CLT) for the benefit of a range of women’s health issues including:
- Pelvic floor, bladder and bowel weakness,
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP),
- Back and neck pain and surgery,
- Cancer and Lymphoedema,and
- Neurological conditions like Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke and Parkinson’s Disease.
We also specialise in:
- Pregnancy and postpartum – caring for women during this amazing stage of life to help them take control during the birth of their baby and bounce back in the best health and shape possible.
- Functional fitness and performance – optimising functional performance for athletes and those simply looking to return to exercise or improve/maintain their level of fitness and core strength.
We understand you
A few of our team members, including Tara, have experienced pelvic issues and understand the frustration firsthand of not being able to find the right care and treatment. For some of us, this experience inspired the journey to help others avoid similar challenges.
All of us are dedicated to helping women achieve optimal physical function and improve every aspect of their lives, whether at work, at home, at rest or at play.
Beautiful, peaceful setting with world-class facilities
Our consulting rooms and fully equipped Pilates studio is located in a picturesque setting at Holgate opposite the Bamboo Buddha café. There’s plenty of parking and we are child and baby friendly. We look forward to welcoming you.
Contact us to book a private consultation or click here to access our Pilates class information and timetable.